- More than 2 months after a hailstorm caused major damage in Round Rock, residents are still dealing with repairs
- Leland resident still feeling effects of Hurricane Florence more than 5 years on
- Gov. Abbott says state emergency response resources will be ready to handle severe weather issues today
- Recapping the 2023 hurricane season on final day of season
- Hail, tornadoes a potential in Houston-area storms Thursday
Port Arthur Mayor Thurman Bartie announced Monday he is calling for a mandatory citywide evacuation beginning at 6 a.m. Mayor Bartie originally announced a voluntary evacuation of Sabine Pass on Saturday.
Jefferson County Judge Jeff Branick said a mandatory evacuation order will be issued for Jefferson County on Tuesday morning.
Orange County and city officials are calling for a mandatory evacuation for the entire county at 6 a.m. Tuesday. Citizens who can’t evacuate themselves can find transportation resources at two sites at 9 a.m. on Tuesday. Those two sites are Lamar State College-Orange at 410 Front Street and Vidor Elementary at 400 Old Hwy. 90 E in Vidor.
Orange County Judge John Gothia issued a disaster declaration and a voluntary countywide evacuation. He also issued a mandatory evacuation for nursing homes.