- Leland resident still feeling effects of Hurricane Florence more than 5 years on
- Gov. Abbott says state emergency response resources will be ready to handle severe weather issues today
- Recapping the 2023 hurricane season on final day of season
- Hail, tornadoes a potential in Houston-area storms Thursday
- Severe weather in Houston (Nov. 30, 2023)
As the uncertainty of Tropical Storm Laura continues to linger, several cities and counties have issued voluntary evacuations for some areas that are near the Gulf and could be impacted by the storm.
We will continue to update this list as we get notified of more evacuations.
People in Houston and all along the Gulf coast are keeping a very close eye on Tropical Storm Laura. The National Hurricane Center‘s latest track has it making landfall as a Category 2 hurricane sometime Wednesday into Thursday along the western Louisiana coast. The forecast cone goes from the Houston area’s eastern counties all the way to near New Orleans.
It’s not expected to stall once inland. If anything, this would be a big wind and storm surge event for the Houston area if it shifts our way.