- Leland resident still feeling effects of Hurricane Florence more than 5 years on
- Gov. Abbott says state emergency response resources will be ready to handle severe weather issues today
- Recapping the 2023 hurricane season on final day of season
- Hail, tornadoes a potential in Houston-area storms Thursday
- Severe weather in Houston (Nov. 30, 2023)
Hurricane Laura is expected to make landfall late Wednesday or early Thursday.
SAN ANTONIO — The City of San Antonio and Bexar County will assist with Hurricane Laura evacuations.
In a press release from the San Antonio Fire Department, the Alamo City has been asked to assist with sheltering a very small number of displaced residents.
All displaced residents and evacuees need to go to 200 Gembler Road to be checked in and to receive their shelter locations. Locations will not be made public in an effort to prevent potential evacuees from showing up directly to shelter before being accounted for, the press release states.
Laura is expected to be a Category 3 hurricane by the time it makes landfall which is expected to be lat Wednesday or early Thursday.
WATCH: Hurricane Hunters fly into Tropical Storm Laura (August 24, 2020)