- Severe weather cancels Wool E. Bull's Winter Wonderland, Chinese Lantern Festival & Christmas parades on Sunday
- Severe weather cancels Wool E. Bull's Winter Wonderland, parades on Sunday
- Pittsboro, Tarboro parades impacted by Sunday severe weather
- More than 2 months after a hailstorm caused major damage in Round Rock, residents are still dealing with repairs
- Leland resident still feeling effects of Hurricane Florence more than 5 years on
Photo: Harris County Constable Precinct 4 / @Pct4Constable
Image 1 1
Hours before Hurricane Laura made landfall, a man preparing for its arrival died in a tragic accident.
A 62-year-old man in the Eagle Springs subdivision of Atascocita was electrocuted while trimming tree limbs near his home ahead of Laura’s arrival, KHOU (CBS 11) reported.
HURRICANE LAURA: The latest on storm’s impact on Houston
Officials told the channel it appeared the victim’s chainsaw struck a nearby power line, killing him almost instantly.
The man’s wife told deputies she saw a flash but did not immediately investigate according to KHOU. She later found his body next to the 12-foot ladder.
The victim’s information has not been released.
Find alerts to follow and more storm news in Chron.com’s Hurricane Guide.