- More than 2 months after a hailstorm caused major damage in Round Rock, residents are still dealing with repairs
- Leland resident still feeling effects of Hurricane Florence more than 5 years on
- Gov. Abbott says state emergency response resources will be ready to handle severe weather issues today
- Recapping the 2023 hurricane season on final day of season
- Hail, tornadoes a potential in Houston-area storms Thursday
Hurricane Laura is expected to make landfall in southwestern Louisiana as a major hurricane. Accuweather
Hurricane Laura has made landfall as a Category 4 storm near Cameron, Louisiana on Thursday morning.
Laura is described as an “extremely dangerous” storm.
Maximum sustained winds are currently at 150 mph, 8 mph shy of a Category 5 storm.
Catastrophic storm surge, extreme winds and flash flooding are occurring in portions of Louisiana and massive storm surges are expected in the hours ahead.
What we know: Hurricane Laura’s Texas landfall
Watches and warnings are in effect for areas across Texas to the mouth of the Mississippi River.
Map the storm: See live spaghetti models, tracker maps as storm nears
Where is Hurricane Laura now?
- Location: 40 miles east of Port Arthur, Texas
- Movement: North at 15 mph
- Maximum sustained winds: 150 mph
- Next update: 10 a.m.
Information gathered from the National Hurricane Center.
Hurricane Laura watches and warnings
A Storm Surge Warning is in effect for
- Freeport, Texas to the Mouth of the Mississippi River
A Hurricane Warning is in effect for
- High Island, Texas to Intracoastal City, Louisiana
A Tropical Storm Warning is in effect for
- San Luis Pass to High Island, Texas
- East of Intracoastal City, Louisiana to the Mouth of the Mississippi River
A Hurricane Watch is in effect for
- East of Intracoastal City to west of Morgan City, Louisiana
Where is Hurricane Laura headed?
The map below tracks Hurricane Laura in live time. Here’s where the storms are right now.
(Tip: If the map above doesn’t load, click here.)
Read or Share this story: https://www.caller.com/story/news/2020/08/26/hurricane-laura-category-4-nhc-updates-texas-impacts/3432520001/