- 'All of that stress came flooding back' | Homeowners fear plans for nearby landfill are back on
- Don't get iced by scammers while trying to score Carolina Hurricanes tickets
- 'We can all tell the story' | Charlotte artists team up to turn Carolina Hurricanes jerseys into visual concept of 'Black Excellence'
- Charlotte artists collaborate to tell the story of 'Black Excellence' through new Carolina Hurricanes jerseys
- Warm, dry week increases wildfire threat for Hill Country
On Friday’s Houston Matters: A chemical plant caught on fire and released chlorine gas in Lousianna just as Hurricane Laura left the region. A similar incident happened during Hurricane Harvey. Can Houston-area refineries survive a direct impact from a hurricane?
Also this hour: Dr. Therese Beavers talks to us about the delay in cancer and other medical screenings since the beginning of the pandemic.
And we check in with Town Square with Ernie Manouse, a new community call-in show with leading experts on any given subject.
Subscribe to Today in Houston
Fill out the form below to subscribe our new daily editorial newsletter from the HPM Newsroom.