- Texas wildfires destroy barn where student raised animals for Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo
- State calls for investigation into cause of Texas Panhandle wildfires
- As wildfires rage through Panhandle, Fritch residents seek respite at church
- Wildfires ravage cattle country, threatening Texas’ agriculture economy
- Texas Panhandle wildfires: Officials describe devastating damage, urge precaution as inferno continues
BRUNSWICK COUNTY, NC (WWAY) — Several roads are closed tonight in Brunswick County, because they are impassible due to flooding.
The Brunswick County Sheriff’s office posted a list of roads on Facebook that are impassible.
The post said Wall St. and Main St. in Shallotte, Club View Lane in Calabash and Wildwood Village and Ocean Hwy E. are impassible. The post also said Hwy 17/Union School Road is closed and Thomasboro Rd./ McMurray Rd is closed.
Another post said there is approximately 2 feet of water at the caution light on Longwood Rd. at the intersection of Longwood and Whiteville Rd. Another post also said Hwy 17 at BEMC is completely flooded.
Video from Carly Pyatte shows cars driving through water on Main Street in Shallotte around 8:30 Thursday night.
As a reminder, turn around don’t drown.