- ‘This Is The Worst Thanksgiving Of My Life’: Arlington Mechanic Watches Shop Crumble During Tornado
- ‘It’s A New Start’: Richardson Couple Moves Into Newly-Built Home 1 Year After Tornado Destroyed House
- Tornado causes damage, injuries in Dallas-area city
- Hurricane season's last gasp? Forecasters tracking tropical disturbance
- Drought, hail and a Thanksgiving staple: extreme weather delivered a hit to cranberry farmers
Alexander County officials confirmed at 3 p.m. that three bodies had been found so far. Two adults and one child are still missing.
The campsite is called Hiddenite Family Campground. It is a family-owned campground located along the Yadkin River.
Waters near the campground rose when Alexander County experienced major flooding with approximately 7 to 10 inches of rain overnight.
About 50 roadways across the county were compromised, with four bridges washed out.
As of 2 p.m., officials said the doors to the campers could not be opened due to high water. Emergency personnel are continuing the search for the missing.
WATCH: School in Charlotte evacuated because of flooding
One of the three deaths confirmed was related to a car accident on Hopewell Church Road in the Vashti community that occurred due to a bridge outage and high water. The driver was pronounced dead at the scene.
WATCH: Roads in North Carolina flood during heavy rain
Copyright © 2020 WTVD-TV. All Rights Reserved.