- ‘This Is The Worst Thanksgiving Of My Life’: Arlington Mechanic Watches Shop Crumble During Tornado
- ‘It’s A New Start’: Richardson Couple Moves Into Newly-Built Home 1 Year After Tornado Destroyed House
- Tornado causes damage, injuries in Dallas-area city
- Hurricane season's last gasp? Forecasters tracking tropical disturbance
- Drought, hail and a Thanksgiving staple: extreme weather delivered a hit to cranberry farmers
According to WSOC, authorities are still searching for more people who were reportedly at the campsite when the flooding happened.
The campsite is called Hiddenite Family Campground. It is a family-owned campground located along the Yadkin River.
Flood water overran the campsite around 6 a.m. Thursday.
Rescue crews from several different organizations assisted with the water rescue, sometimes pushing through several feet of moving water.
WATCH: Roads in North Carolina flood during heavy rain
Copyright © 2020 WTVD-TV. All Rights Reserved.