- 'This was my home. It will be again.:' Beach residents rebuilding on the one-year anniversary of Hurricane Isaias
- ‘This was my home. It will be again.:’ Beach residents rebuilding on the one-year anniversary of Hurricane Isaias
- On anniversary of Hurricane Isaias, tropics remain relatively quiet for 2021
- Confirmed tornado over Crystal Beach, NWS says
- Live updates: Confirmed tornado over Crystal Beach, NWS says
If this summer were a blockbuster disaster movie, the trailer might have:
OK, not sharks … well, maybe. But all of the rest are either definite or definite possibilities.
This summer, we’re facing unique challenges from the pandemic to the Texas power grid, on top of our current extreme temperatures and storm season.
So today, it’s time for the Houston Summer Weather “Blockbuster.”
Experts join us to talk about summer safety – everything from what’s brewing in the Gulf to what’s up with the power grid, and tips on sun, water, COVID and July 4th safety – to try to keep you safe and cool, whether this is your first, or fiftieth, Houston summer.
- KPRC Meteorologist
- Energy Fellow, University of Houston
- Houston Emergency Room doctor
- Assistant Professor, Emergency Medicine, Baylor College of Medicine
Houston Public Media reporter Matt Harab also joins Ernie with local headlines, including:
Town Square with Ernie Manouse is a gathering space for the community to come together and discuss the day’s most important and pressing issues.
Subscribe to Today in Houston
Fill out the form below to subscribe our new daily editorial newsletter from the HPM Newsroom.