- Tropical Storm Colin threatens a wet holiday weekend for Carolinas
- BREAKING NEWS: NC 4th of July Festival Events cancelled for Saturday due to Tropical Storm Colin
- Tropical Storm Colin forms on South Carolina coast
- Tropical storm Colin forms near South Carolina coast
- Independence Day Heightens Wildfire Risk
Hurricane Grace made landfall Saturday in Mexico, weakening to a tropical storm, and a tropical storm warning is in effect for mainland Mexico from Puerto Veracruz to Barra del Tordo.
Tropical Storm Grace is has maximum sustained winds of 45 mph, according to an advisory issued at 10 a.m. from the National Hurricane Center.
Grace should weaken rapidly as it moves into the mountains of central Mexico.
The tropical storm is forecast to weaken to a tropical depression later Saturday, then dissipate on Sunday.
Tropical-storm-force winds extend 150 miles from center.
Grace is located 35 miles northwest of Mexico City, Mexico, and is moving west at 13 mph.
Cone of uncertainty: See the latest graphic from the NHC
Latest data on Grace
Here is the latest data on Tropical Storm Grace pulled from the National Hurricane Center’s 10 a.m. advisory.
- Location: 35 miles northwest of Mexico City, Mexico
- Maximum sustained winds: 45 mph
- Movement: west at 13 mph
- Pressure: 998 MB (millibars)
- When next advisory will be released: 4 p.m.