- Tropical Storm Colin threatens a wet holiday weekend for Carolinas
- BREAKING NEWS: NC 4th of July Festival Events cancelled for Saturday due to Tropical Storm Colin
- Tropical Storm Colin forms on South Carolina coast
- Tropical storm Colin forms near South Carolina coast
- Independence Day Heightens Wildfire Risk
HOUSTON — More than 200 CenterPoint Energy employees and contractors will head out early Monday to help restore power to our neighbors in Louisiana.
All of New Orleans was in the dark overnight with nearly a million customers reportedly without power across the region hit hardest by Hurricane Ida, which has now been downgraded a tropical storm. The only buildings with lights have a backup power generator.
Power crews are ready to work, but the companies involved warn that some Louisianans could be without power for days — perhaps even weeks.
The Houston crews heading to Louisiana are helping out in Baton Rouge. Crews are coming from other states as well.
They’ll be helping for at least two weeks.