- Could Tropical Storm Bonnie bring rain to South Texas? Here's the forecast for the July 4th weekend
- Tropical Storm Bonnie forms in Caribbean Sea
- Flooding, pollution more likely to occur in Houston minority communities
- Flooding and pollution in minority communities, and the impact of minority-owned businesses (June 30, 2022)
- A disturbance in the Gulf of Mexico could become a tropical storm. Here's what to know.
The NOAA Climate Prediction Center forecast calls for 14 to 21 named storms and predicts up to 10 of them could become a hurricane.
That’s why local organizations are starting their recruitment efforts now for volunteers.
The Red Cross says it needs shelter support and more people to serve on their local disaster action team.
The Salvation Army is also looking for more volunteers for its disaster response program.
To boost recruitment the organization’s Wake County location is hosting its annual Emergency Disaster Services event on Wednesday.
People can learn how personnel serve those in need during a disaster and hear from TSA staff members who have served during disaster missions.
The public can also get a closer look at their mobile feeding unit, better known as a canteen.
That event will be at their location on Capital Boulevard between 11:30 a.m. and 1:30 p.m.
Copyright © 2022 WTVD-TV. All Rights Reserved.