- Street flooding, damaging winds possible for Houston area Thursday | Timeline
- TIMELINE: Thursday storms could bring street flooding, damaging winds
- TIMLINE: Thursday storms could bring street flooding, damaging winds
- Pender County wildfire now 65 percent contained, still 1,226 acres
- Today on Texas Standard: How Houston is using nature to combat flooding
According to the Texas Department of Transportation, RM 165 is closed near US 290 due to the fire.
HAYS COUNTY, Texas — Multiple departments are responding to a large wildfire on RM 165 in Hays County on Tuesday afternoon.
The Blanco County Emergency Management office reported that the fire is estimated at around 250 acres. The Texas A&M Forest Service has named the fire the Smoke Rider fire.
Evacuations have also been issued in the area as the fire continues moving north/northwest toward US 290.
Drivers are asked to avoid the area if possible.
Meanwhile, officials are also reporting a brush fire in eastern Travis County.
FM 973 at FM 969 and Decker is closed, but no further information was immediately available.
This is a developing story. Check back for updates.
PEOPLE ARE ALSO READING: