- Street flooding, damaging winds possible for Houston area Thursday | Timeline
- TIMELINE: Thursday storms could bring street flooding, damaging winds
- TIMLINE: Thursday storms could bring street flooding, damaging winds
- Pender County wildfire now 65 percent contained, still 1,226 acres
- Today on Texas Standard: How Houston is using nature to combat flooding
The fire is now 50% contained in Gillespie County.
Update as of 9 a.m., Thursday, August 4: Enchanted Rock, the site of a large wildfire, has reopened. No extra details were given about the state of the wildfire. However, park visitors are encouraged to do their part to prevent wildfires and remain cautious.
A massive 1,400-acre wildfire called “Big Sky Fire” caused the temporary closure of one of San Antonio’s most popular area state parks, Enchanted Rock State National Area. The large wildfire is burning north of Fredericksburg in Gillespie County, according to the Texas A&M Forest Service.