- Street flooding, damaging winds possible for Houston area Thursday | Timeline
- TIMELINE: Thursday storms could bring street flooding, damaging winds
- TIMLINE: Thursday storms could bring street flooding, damaging winds
- Pender County wildfire now 65 percent contained, still 1,226 acres
- Today on Texas Standard: How Houston is using nature to combat flooding
Enchanted Rock State Park and Perdenales State Park both announced they were closed Wednesday due to wild fires in close proximity.
Crews are responding to multiple wildfires in the Hill Country area. The “Smoke Rider Fire” in Hays County is estimated at around 800 acres and is 30% contained, as of Wednesday morning.
The forest service also reported a fire burning northeast of Fredericksburg on Tuesday afternoon off of Eckert Road, near Big Sky Drive and Foster Ranch Road. That fire was estimated at around 1,400 acres. The forest service is referring to it as the Big Sky fire. As of Wednesday morning, the fire is about 25% contained.
Enchanted Rock State Park shared a photo to its Facebook page Tuesday evening that shows smoke seen in the distance.
Pedernales Falls State Park is also closed due to the fire. Roads leading to the park have been impacted by smoke and first responders are using them to stage.