- Street flooding, damaging winds possible for Houston area Thursday | Timeline
- TIMELINE: Thursday storms could bring street flooding, damaging winds
- TIMLINE: Thursday storms could bring street flooding, damaging winds
- Pender County wildfire now 65 percent contained, still 1,226 acres
- Today on Texas Standard: How Houston is using nature to combat flooding
SMITH ISLAND, MD (WBOC) — An apparent waterspout caused damage to boats and other structures on Smith Island on Thursday night.
The waterspout was spotted at around 7:20 p.m. Some WBOC viewers captured photos of it and Daniel and Amy Somers captured this Facebook video of the waterspout as it touched down on the island.
People who live on Smith Island are waking up to a mess Friday morning.
Weather officials say a waterspout that may have become a tornado barreled down on the island Thursday night around 7:20.
Several homes and businesses were heavily damaged.
Officials say there was significant damage done to Rhodes Point on Smith Island.