- EPA will center climate change response in Texas on sea level rise, floods, drought and severe storms
- Houston Rockets, Harris County constable team up for Hurricane Ian relief drive
- Hurricane Ian could be second costliest storm in history
- Biden visits hurricane-ravaged Florida
- Biden meets with DeSantis during Florida trip to survey Hurricane Ian damage
PENDER COUNTY, NC (WWAY) — A wildfire that was first reported to be affecting 150 acres on Wednesday in rural Pender County has now grown by over 10 times.
The NC Forest Service is reporting the Holly Shelter Game Land fire has increased to over 1,500 acres of the game land’s 63,000 acres.
Officials say the fire is just 14 percent contained and is around 2 miles from NC Hwy 50 of Holly Ridge.
We’ll have more information as it becomes available.