- More than 2 months after a hailstorm caused major damage in Round Rock, residents are still dealing with repairs
- Leland resident still feeling effects of Hurricane Florence more than 5 years on
- Gov. Abbott says state emergency response resources will be ready to handle severe weather issues today
- Recapping the 2023 hurricane season on final day of season
- Hail, tornadoes a potential in Houston-area storms Thursday
Monday, September 25, 2023 4:42PM
ROCKY MOUNT, N.C. (WTVD) — Pfizer has restarted the majority of its manufacturing lines at the Rocky Mount facility that was heavily damaged in the tornado that came through back in July.
The tornado injured 16 people and destroyed numerous homes and buildings.
The sped-up restart is the first part of restarting production in a phased approach. Full production is expected to be back by the end of 2023.
The areas being restarted are being chosen based on patient need and inventory levels, according to the company.
The impact of the tornado on production is expected to be in place until at least mid-2024.
Copyright © 2023 WTVD-TV. All Rights Reserved.