- 'All of that stress came flooding back' | Homeowners fear plans for nearby landfill are back on
- Don't get iced by scammers while trying to score Carolina Hurricanes tickets
- 'We can all tell the story' | Charlotte artists team up to turn Carolina Hurricanes jerseys into visual concept of 'Black Excellence'
- Charlotte artists collaborate to tell the story of 'Black Excellence' through new Carolina Hurricanes jerseys
- Warm, dry week increases wildfire threat for Hill Country
On Thursday’s show: With potential severe weather expected in the area, we talk about what Houstonians should be prepared for and how to stay safe. And we recap the Atlantic hurricane season as it comes to an end.
Also this hour: HISD is seeking to earn the “district of innovation” designation, which would allow it to sidestep certain regulations from the state. Most Texas school districts already have that status. So, why is HISD doing it now — and does it really lead to more innovation in the classroom?
Also: We learn why a Houston-area oyster company and a local restaurant are working to restore an oyster reef that they can’t harvest.
And Galveston’s annual Dickens on the Strand holiday event celebrates its 50th anniversary this year. We look back on the festival’s history and meet one of the descendants of its namesake.