- EF-1 tornado confirmed in southern Alamance County
- Severe weather impact lingers as cooler temperatures set to arrive
- Severe weather begins to move on, but patches of rain persist in central NC
- Severe weather moves on, but patches of rain persist in central NC
- Ahead of the Atlantic Hurricane Season, here's how to stay prepared and weather aware
TEXAS CITY, TX – Several homeowners were struck by floodwaters in Texas City on Tuesday morning. Texas City ISD has canceled classes today due to flooding. Floodwaters gushed into homes on Edward and Orchid street Tuesday morning.
“We get water constantly in our homes. We have tried to contact the mayor for help–but water is constantly here,” said Vickie, a Texas City homeowner who’s experienced the flooding 20 times. “This has happened over 20 times in 40 years. Homeowners are struggling to get answers and solutions from Texas City after dealing with flooding over 20 times.
“We would like to get bought out,” said one homeowner. “Streets overflow–and we get the backend of it.”