Updated Sept. 15, 9:45 a.m.
Groups offering shelter may email email@example.com.
▪ 1 p.m. at Heritage High School, 1150 Forestville Road, Wake Forest
▪ 2:30 p.m. at Middle Creek High School, 123 Middle Creek Park Ave., Apex
▪ 4 p.m. at Sanderson High School, 5500 Dixon Drive, Raleigh
Wake County reported Wednesday night that the following shelters, previously opened, are now full.
▪ Shelter for New Hanover County residents (priority) at Southeast Raleigh Magnet High School, 2600 Rock Quarry Road, Raleigh.
▪ Garner High School, 2141 Spring Drive, Garner.
▪ Knightdale High School, 100 Bryan Chalk Lane, Knightdale.
▪ Bahama Ruritan Club, 8202 Stagville Road, Bahama. No pets.
▪ Hillside High School, 3727 Fayetteville Road, Durham. Pets allowed; bring carrier/leash and vaccination records.
▪ Smith Middle School, 9201 Seawell School Road, Chapel Hill.
▪ CW Stanford Middle School, 308 Orange High School Road, Hillsborough.
Pets accepted at both shelters. A rabies vaccination for dogs, cats, and ferrets is required. Bring your pet’s full vaccination record and a photo of yourself with your pet. If possible, please also bring a 3-day supply of your pet’s food. Emergency transport provided by calling 919-245-6100.
Chapel Hill Transit also will provide shuttles from downtown Chapel Hill to the Smith Middle School shelter. The public can catch a shuttle from 6 to 10 p.m. Wednesday on Franklin Street at the Varsity Theater bus stop and the Columbia Street at Rosemary Street bus stop.
▪ UNC-Chapel Hill will open a shelter on Saturday at the Friday Center for Continuing Education, 100 Friday Center Drive. An opening time hasn’t been announced.
▪ North Johnston Middle School, 435 Oil Company Road, Micro. No pets. Officials said Sept. 13 at 3:15 p.m. that this shelter is full.
▪ Benson Middle School, 1600 North Wall St., Benson. No pets.
▪ West Johnston High School, 3935 Raleigh Road, Benson. There will be a designated location at the shelter for pets.
▪ Clayton High School, 600 S. Fayetteville St., Clayton Officials said at 9:50 a.m. Saturday that the shelter is closed.
▪ Northwood High School, 310 Northwood High School Road, Pittsboro. Pets (cats and dogs only) on leash or in crate. Kennel space available on a first come-first, served basis. Call ahead: 919-545-8162.
▪ Chatham Middle School, 2025 South 2nd Avenue Ext., Siler City. No pets.
▪ Franklinton High School shelter will closing at 6:30 p.m. Friday. The shelter at Louisburg Senior Center, 127 Shannon Village, remains open.
▪ Kiwanis Recreation Center, 352 Devers Street, Fayetteville.
▪ Mac Williams Middle School, 4644 Clinton Road, Fayetteville.
▪ Pine Forest High School, 525 Andrews Road, Fayetteville. (Pet accommodations provided)
▪ Seventy-First High School, 6764 Raeford Road, Fayetteville.
▪ Smith Recreation Center, 1520 Slater Ave., Fayetteville.
▪ South View High School, 4184 Elk Road, Hope Mills. (Pet accommodations provided)
▪ W. T. Brown Elementary School, 2522 Andrews Church Road, Spring Lake
General guidelines for those seeking shelter
Bring blankets and pillows, prescription medications, insurance information, towels, infant supplies, comfortable clothing, personal radios with headphones, games, reading material or other things to pass the time (especially for children). Do NOT bring weapons, alcoholic beverages, illegal drugs, candles, valuables. Smoking is not allowed inside shelters.
Remember that coming to a shelter after the storm arrives will be very dangerous, if not impossible. If you live in an area that floods, have no transportation, or have health issues that make staying in place risky, come to the shelters Wednesday night or very early Thursday.