- Smoke from Canada wildfires along East Coast should begin dissipating
- Air quality along the East Coast improves after days of haze from Canada wildfires
- Floods imperil cattle, cotton in the Panhandle
- Are Canadian wildfires under control? Here's what to know.
- Relief from Canadian wildfire smoke still days away for millions of Americans, meteorologist says
Flooding reported in Galveston as heavy rain pelts coast
GALVESTON, Texas – Heavy rain falling Friday in Galveston has led to flooding in parts of the coastal city.
The National Weather Service issued a flash flood warning until 10:30 a.m. for Galveston County, and a flash flood watch is in effect until 4 p.m. for much of Southeast Texas.
Radar showed several bands of heavy rain moving across Galveston Island.
A video shared by a KPRC2 viewer showed standing water at Shearn-Moody Plaza, at the corner of 25th and New Strand streets.
Photos showed the intersection of 67th Street and Heards Lane was also flooded.
KPRC2 reporter Taisha Walker tweeted a video of a flooded Broadway Avenue J near 49th Street, as well.
Periods of heavy rain are forecast for much of the day along the coast.
Copyright 2018 by KPRC Click2Houston – All rights reserved.