- Ahead of the Atlantic Hurricane Season, here's how to stay prepared and weather aware
- National Hurricane Preparedness Week kicks off
- Tornado warning issued for Orange County, severe thunderstorm watch issued for Triangle
- Above-average hurricane season expected
- Central, eastern NC now under level 2 threat for severe weather
Florence has been downgraded from a Category 1 hurricane to a tropical storm, but its impact is far from finshed and has already claimed the lives of four people. More than 700,000 people are without power.
Floodwaters are slowly receding in Galveston on Friday night after heavy rains flooded roadways. Some residents were unable to leave their homes.
Texas A&M University at Galveston canceled classes on Friday because of flooding. Classes will resume on Monday as scheduled.
Texas Governor Greg Abbott has issued a state disaster declaration for 79 counties near the Gulf Coast, including all counties in the Houston area. In the event of severe weather or flooding during the weekend, state resources will be streamlined to assist in any relief effort.
KIPP Climb Academy teacher Max Bonilla is making Houston proud. He is featured in The New York Times Magazine issue about amazing teachers.