- Death Valley route buried in floods, closed for another week
- ‘Smokey Bear’ celebrates 78th birthday as NC wildfire situation remains mostly under control
- Biden surveys flood damage in Kentucky, pledges more US help
- Three large wildfires around Central Texas nearly 100% contained
- FORECAST: Scattered downpours, flash flood threat
As of 4:30 a.m., Friday, 321,692 people were without power.
VIEW THE OUTAGE MAP BELOW.
Most of the outages are in Beaufort, Carteret, Craven, New Hanover, Pamlico, Pender and Onslow counties near the coast.
WATCH: Useful tips if you lose power/Si no tiene electricidad después de una tormenta
Florence is expected to make landfall Friday morning somewhere between Cape Lookout and Wilmington.
(Copyright ©2018 WTVD-TV. All Rights Reserved.)