- Leland resident still feeling effects of Hurricane Florence more than 5 years on
- Gov. Abbott says state emergency response resources will be ready to handle severe weather issues today
- Recapping the 2023 hurricane season on final day of season
- Hail, tornadoes a potential in Houston-area storms Thursday
- Severe weather in Houston (Nov. 30, 2023)
VIDEO: HURRICANE FLORENCE FROM SPACE
Full coverage of Hurricane Florence
As he posted the awe-inspiring shots earlier in the week, Alexander Gerst of the European Space Agency wrote that staring down “the gaping eye of a category 4 hurricane” is “chilling, even from space.”
Gerst isn’t the only one sharing compelling images of the monster storm. NOAA posted GIFs from the GOES East satellite, including a lightning map of several systems over the Atlantic.
See the latest video of Florence from space in the video above.
(Copyright ©2018 WTVD-TV. All Rights Reserved.)