- Tropical Storm Epsilon likely to strengthen further before eyeing Bermuda
- Tropical Storm Epsilon forms in Atlantic Ocean, could be hurricane strength by Thursday
- Tropical Storm Epsilon forms near Bermuda
- Report: Damage from August wind storm in Midwest at $7.5B
- What is a gyre? It's the weather pattern helping fuel 2020's wild hurricane season
Share on Facebook
Tweet on Twitter
MYRTLE BEACH, SC (AP) — A North Carolina TV news station has evacuated its building due to rising waters from Hurricane Florence.
New Bern’s WCTI-TV NewsChannel 12 posted on Facebook on Thursday night that employees had to abandon the studio for the “first time in history.”
A spokesperson for the ABC affiliate said that roads around the building were flooding.
New Bern is a city along the Neuse River and is near the Atlantic coast, about 90 miles northeast of Wilmington.
The station said on Facebook that it was broadcasting its sister station WPDE-TV’s coverage of the storm.