- Tracking the windspeeds before and after a prescribed burn turned into a Bastrop wildfire
- Texas wildfire no longer growing, some evacuations lifted
- Firefighters make 'good progress' against Bastrop wildfire as officials promise an investigation
- Houston-area firefighters join central Texas wildfire efforts
- Increased Wildfire Danger Anticipated Across Texas
Share on Facebook
Tweet on Twitter
MYRTLE BEACH, SC (AP) — A North Carolina TV news station has evacuated its building due to rising waters from Hurricane Florence.
New Bern’s WCTI-TV NewsChannel 12 posted on Facebook on Thursday night that employees had to abandon the studio for the “first time in history.”
A spokesperson for the ABC affiliate said that roads around the building were flooding.
New Bern is a city along the Neuse River and is near the Atlantic coast, about 90 miles northeast of Wilmington.
The station said on Facebook that it was broadcasting its sister station WPDE-TV’s coverage of the storm.