- Hurricane Expo held at the Leland Town Cultural Arts Center to prepare the public for another active season
- Flash flood watch expires at midnight, but additional rain possible overnight
- Flash flood watch remains in effect through Friday evening
- 'We always prepare': NC emergency director confident in hurricane readiness before retirement
- Flash flood watch issued as another rainy evening possible
Storm surge from Hurricane Florence floods New Bern, North Carolina
A storm surge from Hurricane Florence caused the Neuse River to overflow its banks and flooded parts of New Bern, North Carolina, on September 14. Wind, rain and waves from the Category 2 storm began to lash the North Carolina coastline on Thursday.