- Cole's OT goal lift Hurricanes past Rangers for Game 1 win
- After decades of neighborhood flooding, redesigned creek debuts in Charlotte's Hidden Valley
- Biden warns of 'another tough hurricane season' this year
- Firefighters slow growth of massive New Mexico wildfire
- 'Mere coincidence': Brad Panovich explains why the sky is sometimes green before a tornado
HOUSTON – The University of Houston athletics department is hosting a supply drive to help those in need after Hurricane Florence.
The donations will be accepted Monday from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
A truck will be loaded at the southwest corner of TDECU Stadium, and once the drive is over, the truck will leave for the East Coast.
Anyone who wants to donate is asked to drive into Lot 12A on the south side of the stadium. Volunteers will be ready to receive items and load them on the truck.
Here is a list of items of need:
- Bottled water
- Cleaning supplies: mops, mop buckets, brooms, bleach wipes, bleach, garbage bags, bug spray
- Canned, ready-to-eat items with pull tops, including vegetables and fruit
- Protein in pouches or pull-top cans: tuna, beef stew, chili, canned chicken
- Peanut butter
- Snacks: granola bars, breakfast bars, etc.
- Pet food
Copyright 2018 by KPRC Click2Houston – All rights reserved.