- Rest Easy, Gulf Coast: Hurricane Season’s Pretty Much Over
- The 2021 hurricane season alphabet could be completed this week
- Hurricane Sam will pump larger waves, rip currents along NC coast late week
- Active tropics include Category 4 Hurricane Sam, 3 other systems that could get names soon
- Sam, a powerful Category 4 hurricane in the Atlantic
JACKSONVILLE, N.C. (WTVD) —
On Friday, dogs and cats in Jacksonville, North Carolina, were rescued from flooded homes and brought to safety.
Live video showed dogs being removed from a boat in the flood waters of Hurricane Florence. Later, the same rescue team saved cats who were stranded near a flooded home.
The hurricane made landfall just before 7:30 Friday morning Category 1 storm.
(Copyright ©2018 WTVD-TV. All Rights Reserved.)