- Hurricane Expo held at the Leland Town Cultural Arts Center to prepare the public for another active season
- Flash flood watch expires at midnight, but additional rain possible overnight
- Flash flood watch remains in effect through Friday evening
- 'We always prepare': NC emergency director confident in hurricane readiness before retirement
- Flash flood watch issued as another rainy evening possible
JACKSONVILLE, N.C. (WTVD) —
On Friday, dogs and cats in Jacksonville, North Carolina, were rescued from flooded homes and brought to safety.
Live video showed dogs being removed from a boat in the flood waters of Hurricane Florence. Later, the same rescue team saved cats who were stranded near a flooded home.
The hurricane made landfall just before 7:30 Friday morning Category 1 storm.
(Copyright ©2018 WTVD-TV. All Rights Reserved.)