- When it floods in Houston, coral reefs pay
- Wildfire at Big Bend National Park is nearly 1,000 acres
- Hurricane Forecasters Predict Another Busy Season - 4 Thoughts
- Flooding From Hurricane Harvey Polluted Coral Reefs More Than 100 Miles Offshore
- A third tornado confirmed from Saturday evening's storms
Beaufort, N.C. — As Hurricane Florence pounded the North Carolina coast on Friday, Carteret County deputies and North Carolina National Guard soldiers responded to 128 Elnora Jones Road in the Otway community and found two people dead, authorities said.
A preliminary investigation determined Pauly Lewis and his wife, Alicia Lewis, died in an apparent murder-suicide, authorities said.
No other details were immediately available.