- Tropical Storm Bonnie forms in Caribbean Sea
- Flooding, pollution more likely to occur in Houston minority communities
- Flooding and pollution in minority communities, and the impact of minority-owned businesses (June 30, 2022)
- A disturbance in the Gulf of Mexico could become a tropical storm. Here's what to know.
- Tracking the tropics: When and where the next Atlantic hurricane or tropical storm will form
Beaufort, N.C. — As Hurricane Florence pounded the North Carolina coast on Friday, Carteret County deputies and North Carolina National Guard soldiers responded to 128 Elnora Jones Road in the Otway community and found two people dead, authorities said.
A preliminary investigation determined Pauly Lewis and his wife, Alicia Lewis, died in an apparent murder-suicide, authorities said.
No other details were immediately available.