- A friendship solid as ice: Carolina Hurricanes forward Jordan Martinook forges special bond with 12-year-old fan with Down syndrome
- Beautiful Sunday evening awaits as central NC dodges severe weather
- 50-acre Bastrop County wildfire 50% contained
- EF-1 tornado confirmed by NWS in Oconee County, South Carolina
- Tornado confirmed near Seneca, South Carolina
Two people died from carbon monoxide poisoning from a generator in the Loris area, according to the Horry County Coroner’s Office.
Chief Deputy Coroner Tamara Willard identified the victims as Debra Collins Rion, 61, and Mark Carter King, 63. They were found at about 7:45 p.m. on Friday.
The two died from carbon monoxide poisoning from a generator which was used in their home. There will be no further investigation.
The number of Hurricane-elated deaths stands at 10 in North Carolina, and three in South Carolina.