- Hurricane Forecasters Predict Another Busy Season - 4 Thoughts
- Flooding From Hurricane Harvey Polluted Coral Reefs More Than 100 Miles Offshore
- A third tornado confirmed from Saturday evening's storms
- San Antonio area could see severe weather including hail and damaging winds
- A friendship solid as ice: Carolina Hurricanes forward Jordan Martinook forges special bond with 12-year-old fan with Down syndrome
Florence has dumped more than 17 inches of rain on parts of Eastern North Carolina in the past 24 hours, according data from a nonprofit group that measures precipitation for researchers.
Members of the Community Collaborative Rain, Hail & Snow Network measured 17.4 inches of rain at Yaupon Beach in Brunswick County. More than 13 inches fell in Whiteville, in Columbus County.
The group tracks rainfall at more than 400 locations across the state, including 12 in Mecklenburg County and 44 in Wake County.
See the map below for more information.