- 'This was my home. It will be again.:' Beach residents rebuilding on the one-year anniversary of Hurricane Isaias
- ‘This was my home. It will be again.:’ Beach residents rebuilding on the one-year anniversary of Hurricane Isaias
- On anniversary of Hurricane Isaias, tropics remain relatively quiet for 2021
- Confirmed tornado over Crystal Beach, NWS says
- Live updates: Confirmed tornado over Crystal Beach, NWS says
Share on Facebook
Tweet on Twitter
BOILING SPRING LAKES, NC (WWAY) — A dam breach in Boiling Spring Lakes is causing major flooding. Police say the dam at the Big Lake on Alton Lennon Road is failing, forcing water over and underneath the dam.
They say a public works crew was trying to do a manual breach. Police do say that they issued a mandatory evacuation for residents in the area around Cherokee Road. Some people listened, but others did not.
The police chief warned residents that if they stayed, they may not be able to get to people. He also says a recent FEMA study does not show any risk to residential areas.