- Hurricane Forecasters Predict Another Busy Season - 4 Thoughts
- Flooding From Hurricane Harvey Polluted Coral Reefs More Than 100 Miles Offshore
- A third tornado confirmed from Saturday evening's storms
- San Antonio area could see severe weather including hail and damaging winds
- A friendship solid as ice: Carolina Hurricanes forward Jordan Martinook forges special bond with 12-year-old fan with Down syndrome
Share on Facebook
Tweet on Twitter
BOILING SPRING LAKES, NC (WWAY) — A dam breach in Boiling Spring Lakes is causing major flooding. Police say the dam at the Big Lake on Alton Lennon Road is failing, forcing water over and underneath the dam.
They say a public works crew was trying to do a manual breach. Police do say that they issued a mandatory evacuation for residents in the area around Cherokee Road. Some people listened, but others did not.
The police chief warned residents that if they stayed, they may not be able to get to people. He also says a recent FEMA study does not show any risk to residential areas.