- A friendship solid as ice: Carolina Hurricanes forward Jordan Martinook forges special bond with 12-year-old fan with Down syndrome
- Beautiful Sunday evening awaits as central NC dodges severe weather
- 50-acre Bastrop County wildfire 50% contained
- EF-1 tornado confirmed by NWS in Oconee County, South Carolina
- Tornado confirmed near Seneca, South Carolina
Fayetteville, N.C. — Police in Fayetteville say the two people who died in a house fire Friday night were an 86-year-old couple.
The victims have been identified as Patricia Flanagan and Carl Flanagan. Both victims lived at the home where the fire occurred.
Authorities said firefighters responded to a home on Lake Club Drive at about 7:30 p.m. and found heavy fire showing from the roof of the house.
Although the fire occurred while Tropical Storm Florence brought strong winds and heavy rain to the area, officials said it was too soon to determine if the fire was caused by weather conditions.
The fire remains under investigation by the Fayetteville Fire Department