- Central Texas wildfire still in check; no structures damaged
- Orange County Schools moves to remote, Duke activates severe weather policy
- Drivers preparing their vehicles ahead of severe weather need to be mindful of tire pressure
- Fire safety expert provides tips to keep your home safe from wildfires
- Prescribed Burn Gone Wrong Likely Sparked Wildfire In Bastrop County, Officials Say
Fayetteville, N.C. — Police in Fayetteville say the two people who died in a house fire Friday night were an 86-year-old couple.
The victims have been identified as Patricia Flanagan and Carl Flanagan. Both victims lived at the home where the fire occurred.
Authorities said firefighters responded to a home on Lake Club Drive at about 7:30 p.m. and found heavy fire showing from the roof of the house.
Although the fire occurred while Tropical Storm Florence brought strong winds and heavy rain to the area, officials said it was too soon to determine if the fire was caused by weather conditions.
The fire remains under investigation by the Fayetteville Fire Department