- Collision repair shops and roofing companies hit with another big wave of business after Thursday's hail storm
- New Hanover County, Wilmington receive $4.6M for Hurricane Isaias recovery
- Holden Beach awarded $3.8M to renourish beaches damaged by Hurricane Isaias
- Severe weather threat comes to an end Thursday, some scattered showers remain
- Forecast: More severe weather ahead for Friday, upper 70s expected
Florence is being blamed for at least one death in the Charlotte region. A tree fell on a mobile home in Gaston County near Dallas Sunday, killing 3-month old Kade Gill.
The Gaston Gazette reports Kade Gill and his mother Tammy Gill were on the couch when the tree crashed through their home off Old Willis School Road.
The tree landed between the kitchen and living room of the home and pinned the boy against the air conditioning unit. According to the newspaper, Tammy Gill was treated for non-life threatening injuries.
In Union County, the search for a one year-old boy continues. The Union County Sheriff’s Office says Kaiden Lee-Welch was swept away after deputies believe his mother drove around barricades on a flooded section of highway 218 in the northeast part of the county heading toward Wadesboro.
Her vehicle was swept off the road and stopped near a group of trees. She was able to free herself, but lost her grip on her son in the rushing water. The Union County Sheriff’s Office says this area remains a hazard due to flooding.