- Sunday night brings rain, slight chance of severe weather
- Weekend brings level 1 chance of severe weather
- Widespread downpours continue in Houston area with possibility of severe weather | View forecast
- Houston has a marginal risk of severe weather as heavy downpours move in | Live radar & cameras
- Houston has a marginal risk of severe weather as heavy downpours move in | View forecast
Florence is being blamed for at least one death in the Charlotte region. A tree fell on a mobile home in Gaston County near Dallas Sunday, killing 3-month old Kade Gill.
The Gaston Gazette reports Kade Gill and his mother Tammy Gill were on the couch when the tree crashed through their home off Old Willis School Road.
The tree landed between the kitchen and living room of the home and pinned the boy against the air conditioning unit. According to the newspaper, Tammy Gill was treated for non-life threatening injuries.
In Union County, the search for a one year-old boy continues. The Union County Sheriff’s Office says Kaiden Lee-Welch was swept away after deputies believe his mother drove around barricades on a flooded section of highway 218 in the northeast part of the county heading toward Wadesboro.
Her vehicle was swept off the road and stopped near a group of trees. She was able to free herself, but lost her grip on her son in the rushing water. The Union County Sheriff’s Office says this area remains a hazard due to flooding.