- Hurricane Forecasters Predict Another Busy Season - 4 Thoughts
- Flooding From Hurricane Harvey Polluted Coral Reefs More Than 100 Miles Offshore
- A third tornado confirmed from Saturday evening's storms
- San Antonio area could see severe weather including hail and damaging winds
- A friendship solid as ice: Carolina Hurricanes forward Jordan Martinook forges special bond with 12-year-old fan with Down syndrome
COLUMBUS COUNTY, NC (WWAY) – Columbus County officials say the major flooding that has inundated the area since Hurricane Florence has affected areas that did not flood after Hurricane Matthew two years ago
The county also says there have been issues reaching everyone that needs help.
Tabor City, areas along the Lumber River, Fair Bluff, Lake Waccamaw, Boardman, Riegelwood and Delco have all experienced life-threatening flooding the county said in a news release. Evacuations have occurred in all of those areas.
The US Coast Guard, the National Guard, Homeland Security and swift water rescue teams have assisted with evacuations and rescues, including 95 people rescued Saturday and 238 more Sunday.
Drivers are reminded not to try and drive through floodwater or around barricades.
The following are the latest power outages for Columbus County.
Duke Energy Total Customers: 16,544
Total without power: 12,283