- After Hurricane Nicholas, thousands still without power in Houston area heading into the weekend
- Weather slows wildfire near California's giant sequoia trees
- Tropical Storm Odette forms off mid-Atlantic coast
- Tropical Storm Odette forms, moving away from Carolina coast
- 'Gotta love Texas': TikTok sparks debate on Whataburger being open during tropical storm
WAYNE COUNTY, N.C. (WTVD) —
Storm damage and flooding have created an immediate need of assistance for many of our neighbors.
If you are in Wayne County and would like to donate items for victims of Hurricane Florence, you can take them to the Train Depot on West Main Street in Mt. Olive and the Farmers Market at the Maxwell Center on Wayne Memorial Drive in Goldsboro from 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. beginning Monday, Sept. 17.
Both locations will accept the following items:
- Non-perishable food
- Cleaning Supplies
- Incontinence Supplies for Adults
- Diapers, Wipes, and Formula for Infants
- New Linens
- All Hygiene Items
Clothing cannot be accepted at these locations and should be taken to the Salvation Army in Goldsboro.
(Copyright ©2018 WTVD-TV. All Rights Reserved.)