- How To Survive Houston’s Summer – From Hurricanes To Extreme Heat To Power Grid Concerns
- “People Are Wiped Out”: Costs Pile Up as Hurricane Season Begins
- Severe weather causes NC blueberry shortage, drives up cost
- Weather Service: Suburban Chicago tornado had 140 mph winds
- Claudette's tornado tally reaches 7 across 4 states
Predictions from the National Weather Service show the potential for major flooding at a dozen sites the agency monitors in North Carolina, from the Yadkin River northwest of Charlotte to the southeast coastal plain. For many of those gage sites, like those in the Cape Fear River, floodwaters aren’t expected to crest until as late as Thursday morning.
Check the table below to see predicted sites of major flooding, based on the lastest data from the National Weather Service.