- California wildfires threaten famous giant sequoia trees
- Future of Lake Tahoe clarity in question as wildfires worsen
- CPS Energy workers travel to Houston to help with Hurricane Nicholas recovery
- Beware of this CenterPoint Energy scam after Hurricane Nicholas
- Retired Carolina Hurricanes player participates in Make-A-Wish fundraiser
Predictions from the National Weather Service show the potential for major flooding at a dozen sites the agency monitors in North Carolina, from the Yadkin River northwest of Charlotte to the southeast coastal plain. For many of those gage sites, like those in the Cape Fear River, floodwaters aren’t expected to crest until as late as Thursday morning.
Check the table below to see predicted sites of major flooding, based on the lastest data from the National Weather Service.