- Hurricane Expo held at the Leland Town Cultural Arts Center to prepare the public for another active season
- Flash flood watch expires at midnight, but additional rain possible overnight
- Flash flood watch remains in effect through Friday evening
- 'We always prepare': NC emergency director confident in hurricane readiness before retirement
- Flash flood watch issued as another rainy evening possible
North Carolina communities have rallied together in the past week to gather food, blankets, clothes and other supplies for people in shelters. But when it comes to helping abandoned and rescued dogs and cats, Tara Lynn from the SPCA of Wake County says money is what rescue groups really need to keep saving animals.