- Children's book aims to help kids cope with loss of homes to wildfire
- Hurricanes hope for ‘10,000 to 12,000’ fans for playoff games at PNC Arena
- Hurricanes hope for '10,000 to 12,000' fans for playoff games at PNC Arena
- How to stay prepared during hurricane season
- Landlords Are Using A Texas Law To End Leases On Homes Damaged By The Freeze. Some Tenants Get A Week To Leave.
SOUTHPORT, N.C. (WTVD) —
The camera on top of the tower shut down about a week ago while the eye of the storm made landfall.
Viewers watched as the storm grew closer to shore, battering Old Glory.
The tattered American flag remains on top of the tower, which is about 34 miles off of the coast of Southport.
(Copyright ©2018 WTVD-TV. All Rights Reserved.)