- Remembering Raleigh: Saturday marks anniversary of historic, deadly 1988 tornado
- Sunday night brings rain, slight chance of severe weather
- Weekend brings level 1 chance of severe weather
- Widespread downpours continue in Houston area with possibility of severe weather | View forecast
- Houston has a marginal risk of severe weather as heavy downpours move in | Live radar & cameras
SOUTHPORT, N.C. (WTVD) —
The camera on top of the tower shut down about a week ago while the eye of the storm made landfall.
Viewers watched as the storm grew closer to shore, battering Old Glory.
The tattered American flag remains on top of the tower, which is about 34 miles off of the coast of Southport.
(Copyright ©2018 WTVD-TV. All Rights Reserved.)