- Collision repair shops and roofing companies hit with another big wave of business after Thursday's hail storm
- New Hanover County, Wilmington receive $4.6M for Hurricane Isaias recovery
- Holden Beach awarded $3.8M to renourish beaches damaged by Hurricane Isaias
- Severe weather threat comes to an end Thursday, some scattered showers remain
- Forecast: More severe weather ahead for Friday, upper 70s expected
The New Bern-based firm that prints most of the ballots to be used in North Carolina for the upcoming general election has met a Saturday deadline for absentee ballots despite legal wrangling over what should appear on the ballot and flooding from Hurricane Florence.