- Severe weather impact lingers as cooler temperatures set to arrive
- Severe weather begins to move on, but patches of rain persist in central NC
- Severe weather moves on, but patches of rain persist in central NC
- Ahead of the Atlantic Hurricane Season, here's how to stay prepared and weather aware
- National Hurricane Preparedness Week kicks off
Over 60 people in a wedding party were rescued from an overnight reception venue called Casa Rio De Colores in Liberty Hill after they became trapped by rising water from overnight storms.
According to the Austin Fire Department, some were forced into trees and required rescue but others were able to make it to higher ground. The Williamson County Fire Marshal’s Office coordinate the rescue efforts involving multiple departments from Travis County and Williamson County.
The Liberty Hill Fire Department, Leander Fire Department, Cedar park Fire Department, Georgetown Fire Department and STAR Flight all assisted in the initial rescue operation. The Austin Fire Department and Texas Task Force Once helped with the later evacuations.