- Shelters, emergency officials prepare for severe weather this weekend
- 6th tornado confirmed by National Weather Service, survey teams continue work
- Kingwood residents cleaning up after storm damage from tornado
- Live video: Air 11 surveys storm damage following tornados this weekend
- Multiple tornadoes confirmed by National Weather Service survey teams
Share on Facebook
Tweet on Twitter
LELAND, NC (WWAY) — H2GO says its customers need to be careful of a potential scam in the wake of Hurricane Florence.
The utility, which provides water and sewer service to much of northern Brunswick County, says it has been made aware of tree removal and restoration companies claiming to be contracted or endorsed by H2GO. The utility says it has not and will not contract or endorse any tree removal or restoration companies.
“We encourage the community to be wary of people showing up with offers to remove trees or perform restoration services at your home unsolicited,” H2GO said in a news release. “Make sure you know who you are hiring, work with local companies you trust, or check credentials and confirm that anyone you hire has insurance.”
If someone is harassing you or will not leave your property, call 911.