- Hurricane Forecasters Predict Another Busy Season - 4 Thoughts
- Flooding From Hurricane Harvey Polluted Coral Reefs More Than 100 Miles Offshore
- A third tornado confirmed from Saturday evening's storms
- San Antonio area could see severe weather including hail and damaging winds
- A friendship solid as ice: Carolina Hurricanes forward Jordan Martinook forges special bond with 12-year-old fan with Down syndrome
Share on Facebook
Tweet on Twitter
LELAND, NC (WWAY) — H2GO says its customers need to be careful of a potential scam in the wake of Hurricane Florence.
The utility, which provides water and sewer service to much of northern Brunswick County, says it has been made aware of tree removal and restoration companies claiming to be contracted or endorsed by H2GO. The utility says it has not and will not contract or endorse any tree removal or restoration companies.
“We encourage the community to be wary of people showing up with offers to remove trees or perform restoration services at your home unsolicited,” H2GO said in a news release. “Make sure you know who you are hiring, work with local companies you trust, or check credentials and confirm that anyone you hire has insurance.”
If someone is harassing you or will not leave your property, call 911.