- ‘This Is The Worst Thanksgiving Of My Life’: Arlington Mechanic Watches Shop Crumble During Tornado
- ‘It’s A New Start’: Richardson Couple Moves Into Newly-Built Home 1 Year After Tornado Destroyed House
- Tornado causes damage, injuries in Dallas-area city
- Hurricane season's last gasp? Forecasters tracking tropical disturbance
- Drought, hail and a Thanksgiving staple: extreme weather delivered a hit to cranberry farmers
Share on Facebook
Tweet on Twitter
SOUTHPORT, NC (WWAY) — For nearly a week, wastewater spilled into Cottage Creek in Southport.
According to the public notice, the spill is due to Hurricane Florence.
It’s estimated 300,560 gallons spilled between September 18 through September 24.
The city says the incident has been reported to Emergency Management and N.C. Division of Water Resources.