- When it floods in Houston, coral reefs pay
- Wildfire at Big Bend National Park is nearly 1,000 acres
- Hurricane Forecasters Predict Another Busy Season - 4 Thoughts
- Flooding From Hurricane Harvey Polluted Coral Reefs More Than 100 Miles Offshore
- A third tornado confirmed from Saturday evening's storms
Share on Facebook
Tweet on Twitter
SOUTHPORT, NC (WWAY) — For nearly a week, wastewater spilled into Cottage Creek in Southport.
According to the public notice, the spill is due to Hurricane Florence.
It’s estimated 300,560 gallons spilled between September 18 through September 24.
The city says the incident has been reported to Emergency Management and N.C. Division of Water Resources.