- Hurricane Forecasters Predict Another Busy Season - 4 Thoughts
- Flooding From Hurricane Harvey Polluted Coral Reefs More Than 100 Miles Offshore
- A third tornado confirmed from Saturday evening's storms
- San Antonio area could see severe weather including hail and damaging winds
- A friendship solid as ice: Carolina Hurricanes forward Jordan Martinook forges special bond with 12-year-old fan with Down syndrome
Share on Facebook
Tweet on Twitter
RALEIGH, NC (WNCN) — Just days after Hurricane Florence, recovery for people who live in New Bern got underway and those who evacuated returned home to see the damage the storm left behind.
“I was just devastated because I know my grandmother had those things for a long time and some of those things you can’t replace,” said New Bern resident Shawnteria Ambrose.
The CBS 17 Investigators received claims the mayor of New Bern turned down help days before the hurricane hit.
According to Memphis Light, Gas and Water, “two crews were set to leave for New Bern to help … but the mayor of New Bern expressed his sincere appreciation and thanks but says they will have more than enough crews.”
Read more here.