- After Hurricane Nicholas, thousands still without power in Houston area heading into the weekend
- Weather slows wildfire near California's giant sequoia trees
- Tropical Storm Odette forms off mid-Atlantic coast
- Tropical Storm Odette forms, moving away from Carolina coast
- 'Gotta love Texas': TikTok sparks debate on Whataburger being open during tropical storm
Sept. 27, 8:10
UNC scores first, 3-0
Miami punted on its first drive.
UNC drove the ball easily down field on its first drive and scored on a field goal. Junior quarterback Nathan Elliott was 3-6 for 20 yards passing. Sophomore running back Michael Carter, who is in his second game back since returning from a hand injury, had two rushes for 52 yards. UNC’s drive stalled at the five-yard line. UNC only ran the ball once when it reached first and goal, and that was with Elliott. After that, Elliott threw two incomplete passes, and the Tar Heels were forced to punt.
Miami answers with a four-play 75-yard drive
Hurricanes running back Travis Homer ran the ball 56 yards down field to the four-yard line to set up an easy score for Miami on the next play. The Hurricanes take the lead 7-3 in the first quarter.