- Remembering Raleigh: Saturday marks anniversary of historic, deadly 1988 tornado
- Sunday night brings rain, slight chance of severe weather
- Weekend brings level 1 chance of severe weather
- Widespread downpours continue in Houston area with possibility of severe weather | View forecast
- Houston has a marginal risk of severe weather as heavy downpours move in | Live radar & cameras
Share on Facebook
Tweet on Twitter
NEW HANOVER COUNTY, NC (WWAY) — New drone images show the magnitude of damage to US Highway 421 as a result of Hurricane Florence.
These photos show a section of US Highway 421 at the Pender and New Hanover County line that was washed out during the storm.
According to NCDOT Spokesman Steve Abbott, DOT staff engineers haven’t been able to assess the damage or work on a timeline for the repair because they still can’t access it yet.
The DOT hopes to be able to do that in the next couple of days. Then, they’ll work with a contractor to come up with a timetable for repairs.