- Independence Day Heightens Wildfire Risk
- Could Tropical Storm Bonnie bring rain to South Texas? Here's the forecast for the July 4th weekend
- Tropical Storm Bonnie forms in Caribbean Sea
- Flooding, pollution more likely to occur in Houston minority communities
- Flooding and pollution in minority communities, and the impact of minority-owned businesses (June 30, 2022)
Share on Facebook
Tweet on Twitter
NEW HANOVER COUNTY, NC (WWAY) — New drone images show the magnitude of damage to US Highway 421 as a result of Hurricane Florence.
These photos show a section of US Highway 421 at the Pender and New Hanover County line that was washed out during the storm.
According to NCDOT Spokesman Steve Abbott, DOT staff engineers haven’t been able to assess the damage or work on a timeline for the repair because they still can’t access it yet.
The DOT hopes to be able to do that in the next couple of days. Then, they’ll work with a contractor to come up with a timetable for repairs.