- Sam strengthens into a hurricane, watching two other areas
- Sam strengthens into a hurricane, watching three other areas
- Hurricane Sam expected to rapidly intensify into major hurricane this weekend
- Hurricane Sam forms, too early to determine if it will impact US
- Carolina Hurricanes start training camp with a lot of new faces
FLORENCE, S.C. —
One law enforcement officer is dead and several others are injured after an active shooting incident in Florence, South Carolina, according to the county coroner.
News outlets report sheriff’s Deputy Chief Glenn Kirby said three Florence County sheriff’s deputies and two city officers were shot. Information on their conditions was not immediately available but a city spokesperson said some injuries were serious.
Florence County Emergency Management says a suspect is in custody.
The active shooting situation is over and the suspect is in custody. We are asking everyone to stay away from Vintage Place as there is still an active crime investigation in progress. pic.twitter.com/1OImJOjqXS
— FCEMD (@FlorenceCoEMD) October 3, 2018
The shooting happened at the Vintage Place subdivision off Hoffmeyer Road.
This is a developing story. Check back for updates.
(Copyright ©2018 ABC11-WTVD-TV/DT. All Rights Reserved – The Associated Press contributed to this report.)