- Collision repair shops and roofing companies hit with another big wave of business after Thursday's hail storm
- New Hanover County, Wilmington receive $4.6M for Hurricane Isaias recovery
- Holden Beach awarded $3.8M to renourish beaches damaged by Hurricane Isaias
- Severe weather threat comes to an end Thursday, some scattered showers remain
- Forecast: More severe weather ahead for Friday, upper 70s expected
Share on Facebook
Tweet on Twitter
WILMINGTON, NC (WWAY) — If you lost your home in Hurricane Florence and don’t have a place to receive deliveries, Amazon has a solution.
The company has set up a pop-up pickup location in the parking lot of Whole Foods in Wilmington.
Packages are delivered and stored in a storage container, and you can pick them at your convenience.
The company is also receiving donations at that location, and distributing them to local relief groups.
This concept is a first of its kind for Amazon, and they will be studying how it works for use in future disasters.
Click here to find out how you can get your packages delivered to the pop-up location.